HELP!!!!!

I'm also posting this is preschool kids due to the fact both of my DDs (5 &3) do this. Neither one of them are willing to sleep in their room. They would rather sleep in the recliner or couch in our livingroom. We let them both pick out what bedding they wanted thinking that would help. Dallas picked out Tinkerbelle & Sierra picked out Princess. But they still will not sleep in their bed or in the room at all. How can I transition them from the livingroom to their beds??????

lyvi

Asked by lyvi at 6:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Are they scared in there?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The bedding was a good start, let them pick out a pretty night light and tell them they can leave it on all night. Maybe they like going to sleep to the sounds around them, put a radio in their room or try one of the inexpensive sound machines and tell them they can listen to that as they go to sleep. Either way, it is probably best if you just stick to your guns, put them to bed in their rooms and tell them that is where they need to sleep. You may be in for a struggle but it will be worth it in the end. Good luckl
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You could try the Supernanny approach. After the bedtime routine with cuddles, etc you say time for sleep and lights out. You can sit on the floor with your back to the bed and every time the child gets up you put them back in the bed. No talking. You will have to do it over and over and possibly for several nights. You can leave the room too, but be prepared to take them back to their room over and over. No talking after saying good night the first time. Tell your children that staying in their room is the new rule and then be consistent. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have the same problem with my daughter not sleeping in her bed but she sleeps in our room instead. I think the problem is that we let her fall asleep in our room for so long and we have the horrible habit of sleepiong with a TV on. I cannot sleep unless I have that background noise. We have talked about maybe putting a TV in her room but I would rather break her of the habit instead of keep it going. Maybe it is the same thing for your daughers? Do they have a TV on while sleeping in there? Maybe what elizabr said might work, it sounds like a great try. Good luck to you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Let them fall asleep in the living room and then move them, or just go tough love and make them stay in their room.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011