Am I pregnant or delusional?

I've recently started keeping track of when my period starts and ends and along with that, I found out when my high fertility days and ovulation were. So, on one of those high fertility days which was a week ago exactly yesterday, me and my used-t0-be partner had unprotected sex.
So, as I've said it has been a week since the sex and as of yesterday I've gotten sore nipples, random fits of nausea and cravings for pickles and ice cream (not at the same time though, just one after another).
I've been trying to conceive for a while and now that I'm getting these symptoms, I'm excited for the the thought that it has finally happened because conceiving difficulties run in my family on my mother's side.
I'm scared I'm syking myself out, could any of you ladies offer some advice?
It'll be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone, have a great day.
<3 Cassie.

BabyCee

Asked by BabyCee at 6:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Honestly, it's a bit early to test right now, I suppose it's possible you are pregnant, but you most likely wouldn't get a positive until around the time your period is due... I know the waiting is hard, but I'd wait another week or so, and THEN test.

Good luck!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yeah, I'm so anxious about it I almost wish I could sleep the days away. Hehe.
    With the sore nipples, that's what has me thinking it could be that because I haven't ever gotten sore nipples before my period or anything. I'm hoping and praying that this works out.
    I've googled all day today to see if those symptoms were possible and as far as I can tell, it is. Right?

But thanks for the advice! :)
    BabyCee

Comment by BabyCee (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• im in the same boat and i cant wait i should found out 2mmrow tho by a blood test i hope!!
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• How soon could a blood test tell you?
    BabyCee

Comment by BabyCee (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I will tell you that with my current pregnancy, I got a blood test about a week before my missed period. I didn't even CONSIDER pregnancy to be an option, I went in because I was having some dizzy spells. Anyway, at 7 days prior to my period, the blood test came back "inconclusive", which means my hcg level was between 5 and 25. Anything over 25 is pregnant, anything under 5 is not pregnant. Two days later, they tested again, and came back positive for pregnancy. So at 7 days prior to my period, the egg must have JUST implanted itself.

That's basically why I said to at least wait until you miss your period, you should get a solid positive by then, if you are indeed pregnant. As for the symptoms.... I never really had any (other than the dizziness for about 2 days), but a lot of the early pregnancy symptoms are the same as PMS symptoms, so they don't really tell you much.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yeah, that's understandable about the PMS symptoms but that's why I'm wondering because I've never had PMS symptoms. None that I could remember.
    My next period is supposed to be on April 8th, wouldn't PMS symptoms be too early?
    I've had fits of nausea since this past Saturday.
    BabyCee

Comment by BabyCee (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• all the drs told me the same thing maybe pms symptoms but i have never really had tender breast or nausea i done a blood test yday and it all happend on the 17th so is that enough time? idk i hope so =)
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yeah, my nipples have never been THIS sore before...actually never when I'm supposed to start my period. I only cry for like three days before I get it. I'm terrified that I'm syking myself out. If any of you guys believe in prayer, would you please pray to the lord that I conceive and have a gorgeous baby? I could use all your faith along with mine. :)
    BabyCee

Comment by BabyCee (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Sounds like it could be pregnancy! Good luck!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks for all the advice ladies. :)
    I'm also wondering if hot flashes are a sign of pregnancy?
    BabyCee

Comment by BabyCee (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011