Layoffs? Has any affected you or your community? Please post the company names so we can all see what is going on.

THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know why I clicked anon. TWICE. Ehh too much rum and eggnog?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My father was laid off from BorgWarner (they make cooling systems), and my husband was laid off from AllTech Eco (they convert gasoline and diesel engines to Compressed Natural Gas).

Boo!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:05 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I'm sorry to hear that DusterMommy.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Everywhere here has been laying people off, construction companies, casinos, IGT, I don't remember all the company names, theres been so many every time I turn on the news they're talking about more layoffs.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• ok around where i live no on the news yes and i think it's worse than washington is letting us know they can cover up any thing they want i'm actully suprized they did'nt try to cover up that 80 billon dollar thingy but the one thing that did happen to us we are getting no bonus for christmas because comp. profits are down and they merged last year really thats the only thing that saved this company was the merger...but employment is standing in wv. an a couple other states...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My husband was laid off from his public school teaching job (junior high math) last June because of budget cutbacks. I was laid off September from my office job at a car dealership because they had to close up their 2nd store for lack of sales. Fortunately, all 3 kids are out on their own with jobs, families, etc., so it is not as hard as it would have been with children to provide for. I feel very sad for parents trying to find jobs.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:32 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• A dealership in AZ that my DH was working for shut down, so he was out of work for almost 2 months and I barely kept a roof over our head and food on the table. BARELY. We are both working as temps-to-hire now and hope that we get picked up permanently after our contracts and they keep saying we will, so hopefully that's what will happen. Lots of places around here boarding up, though... It's shocking and so sad.
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 11:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I live in a very small town in upstate northern ny and 300 of our general motors employees are being layed off due to closing the plant and then 115 of our ALCOA employees also. Very bad news for our local economy
    tlc7376

Answer by tlc7376 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Day before Thanksgiving one men in Alaska killed his boss in Hospital. Then police killed him . And only reason was that he was laid of day before.
    Anonymous

• No one I know has been laid off. My hubby is self-employed, and people are still calling for work.
    Anonymous