How long?

how long should you wait to have another baby after your first one?

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there is no SHOULD answer.... every family is totally different. Some people even have secondary infertility. For my family our kiddos are 19 months apart to the day and it was GREAT for us. In fact we wish they were a few months closer even. Alot like twins... preschool together, potty trained together, etc etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My "almost" twins  :)

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It all depends on your wishes
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 7:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• There is no right or wrong answer. Some wait years, a friend of mine got pregnant again RIGHT after her first. I don't really know if it was on purpose but she's as happy as could be!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• there too cute =) thought maybe it was a certian time for your body to be healed or something im ready for another one and might have another one in the oven hopefully find out tommrow cant wait =) but dont think my boyfriend is ready or wants another one right now =( we will see i guess thanks!!!
    kolbysmama20

Comment by kolbysmama20 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• good luck tomorrow!!!! and if he didn't want another one... well... LOL... he shouldn't have, u know.

I think OB's and the medical association says 18 months is the min. ideal spacing of kids. So your body can repair and heal and whatnot. But peoples bodies are different and heal at different rates. If you have them VERY close (12-15 months) you may need extra vitamins and things
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• hibb they are beautiful!!!

And It all depends if your ready for another! in my case I have a son who will be turning TWO in May,and I due With My Second child On
    OCT 14th! I wanted My Kids to be Close in age, I didnt want them to be too far apart in age, BC of the fact they can pall around tpogether and play together!! But There really is no" how long SHOULD I wait."......
    lovingmom2011

Answer by lovingmom2011 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• ask your OB if there is any reason you medically should wait, if not, then no problems...if in fact you are pregnant ....then there is no good answer to your question, LOL
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• lol i hope i am but again i dont want him to be angry at me but like i always say it takes 2 lol =) i have all teh symptoms i think and i feel pregnant like before i found out i was pregnant wif my son i felt that i was pregnant im having this lightish brown clearish discharge but idk what it is any ideas???
    kolbysmama20

Comment by kolbysmama20 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree with hibbing...there is no should. What works for one family won't for another. My first 3 are each a year apart and it was rough at first but I can't imagine doing it different.

They were so cute when they were little.  They were 16 months, 3 1/2 and 28 months in this picture.  They are 10, 9 and 8 now and do everything together.  They have all the same friends or their separate groups all hang out together anyway.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011