Just got some bad, unsure how to cope.

My grandma has been in and out of the hospital for the last year or so for heart problems etc. She went back in on Saturday bc of a cold (her immune system cannot fight anything). Today, she took a turn for the worse, cannot breath on her own, and the doctors said there is nothing they can do for her now. Wow. I think I am in complete shock. My baby is due in four months, I never thought she would not get to meet her great grandma. I never thought she would go so soon... I m so sad. Im not really sure what I am supposed to be doing. Im just at home, waiting for my mom to call me... it will either be, whoa she is pulling through, or come say your good-byes. I know this isnt a question, I just needed to...I dunno. Write this down somewhere. Thanks for listening,

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 7:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• why wait for a phone call....go be at her side, you will appreciate the time with her.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! Will send prayer your way.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• hugs Im so sorry hun. I hope you hear she is getting better.

Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Whenever you want to vent or journal your feelings, you do have the option of the journal section. But since you are here, I can just tell you that I feel your pain & I am sorry you are dealing w/ this, and being pregnant to boot! You poor thing. I lost both my grandparents about 2 yrs ago, 6 wks apart from ea. other. So I really know your pain. Just keep her in your prayers, and take care of yourself & that baby. Your Gma could not want anything to happen to either of you. And if the unthinkable should happen, just know that the part of your Gma that you carry around w/ you will be passed on to your child. You can tell your child stories & show him/her pics of Gma. And your baby will have the best guardian angel around! I hope you find some comfort in knowing that. Take care! And best of luck for Gma making a recovery! *Hugs*
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'm sorry. She'll fight all she can if its meant to be! If not. She'll hold your baby before you, if you so Believe! I was taken from my Mom. I lived a Sad, lied to Abused life. The RN I lived with I found Dead when I was 13. When I was 19. I found my bio mom. I was 19 & pregnant. I couldn't share any good news with her. She was too ill. She never shared if I had Family or a Dad. I had just a short time in her hospital room. It was so hard. I never had any family to care. Besides what I made and my DH! She was 46 and died from breast cancer. Then update in 2010. I get it! One never knows what we get in our lives. I never had any parents or grandparents. But I'm now A wife, mother & grandma. I send you my sincere care & healing wishes for your you , your family and especially your grandmother.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• im sorry

My grandmother has been ill for the last few years and has gotten progressively worse. I know how you feel. :-(

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I am so sorry,Hon. I think you should go to the hospital and have what time you can with her. It's never easy to cope with news like this, and right now, having your loved ones around you can be a comfort. I will be praying for your grandmother, and all your family. (((((Hugs))))
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• She passed away.... I just got home from hours at the hospital. Thank You for your support.
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2011