Already setting myself up for dissappointment & don't even know what the gender is yet....

I have a 5 year old daughter that I love very much and is the light of my life. I am now 16 weeks pregnant and would love to have a boy. My daughter is a daddy's girl and I would love to have a son and to share a special relationship like they do. If it is another girl, I will love it the same as I love girls and the clothes etc. But if it isn't a boy, I know I will be a little dissapointed and that makes me feel like a horrible person. Something just tells me it is a girl!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, if it helps any, I was 100% convinced mine was going to be a girl (I already have a boy), and I didn't want it to be! I'm petrified at the thought of having a girly girl, I'm not into that at all... But, turns out I'm having another boy, yay! So your feelings might be wrong, you'll just have to be patient. But at 16 weeks, they should be able to tell already, no?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I thought I wanted my first one to be a boy with my husband. Boy, what I thought I wanted and what I got were different, and I wouldnt' have it any other way.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had the same set of mind when i found out i was pregnant with this one because i already have a boy and wanted a girl sooo bad well guess what im having a girl so keep ur head up momma
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 7:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i wanted a boy with my first and i got my lil boy and now i want a girl but i have a question have you gotten sick alot like vomiting?? cause all of the peopl i kno that had girls vomited alot and all the ones with boys had an easy pregnancy good luck hope its a boy 4 ya =)
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Dont feel bad i felt the same way with this pregnancy. I have 4 boys already and really really wanted a girl. But i just had this feeling that it was a boy. Sure enough when i was like 19 weeks i found out that it was a boy. I cried when i found out because i had my heart set on finally having a girl. Im now 33 weeks and am ready for another boy. I knew no matter what i would love the baby but it took me awhile to get over feeling sad. Good luck to you and i hope you get that boy want.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 7:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I was sure my first was a girl and my second was a boy. I was wrong both times and wouldn't change a thing. Some of the most surprising moments of my life were seeing my babies genders on the ultrasound. Both times the exact opposite of what I expected showed up. With my girl I was in shock and thought there was no way I'd know what to do with a girl, totally considering myself a boy mom, but after the surprise wore off I went through my son's old baby things to see what I could use for her. Then I went shopping.

Don't get all down yet. Just enjoy the anticipation of that first look at your new baby.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It doesn't make you a bad person for wanting a boy over a girl. It's perfectly normal. Just promise you won't hold it against the child if it turns out to be a girl, otherwise she'll feel like a disappointment to you. I know I want a boy so badly, but if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be. There are other ways of having children. We might consider adoption if I can't produce a son for my husband and I know how important it is for him to carry on his name.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I feel the same way as you I wanted a boy with my first pregnancy and I ended up having a girl I was kind of disappointed but I got over it cus I love her no matter what and now I'm pregnant with baby # 2 so I'm crossing my fingers for a boy but if its a another girl I will still love her but ill be disappointed a little bit.
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• That's not uncommon, however, when your baby is born, you will be glad for whatever it turns out to be.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011