Layoffs? Has any affected you or your community? Please post the company names so we can all see what is going on.

THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• I don't know why I checked anon. Too much cranberry sauce.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I live in southwest Riverside county, CA. Fleetwood Industries is laying off. Mortgage companies are dropping people by the dozens. Unemployment in this county is ten percent.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Wow. Thanks.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• BCBS of massachuseets and fidelty in Boston MA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• In Western New york, we have lost 50 at praxair, hundreds at GM, Ford did a buy-out for 100, dunlop and dupont were 50 each. fisher price lost 35. HSBC (its our largest bank) lost 250!!! And they expect more to go in the spring.

And there aren't very many companies hiring, and our retail Christmas hire wasn't the high it usually is. ouch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• No one I know has lost there job... BUT my husbad's company was bought out and his pay was dropped back down to starting wage. And he lost his promotions... He had to start back at square one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• DH will be laid off soon (he should already be laid off but he got lucky that he knew a job and another guy did not). His work alot of it comes from GM. I am guessing the plant will be shut down in a few years completely. My job was rock solid till just recently and while I think it will survive it is going to be a very bumpy road. That is the commercial construction industry. We are in Ohio.

I noticed the stores don't have nearly the employees they had last year. But the stores were packed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• In Ohio our local steel plant is locked out :(  and my so 's job is slow he works 10 to 12 hours 7 days a week usually but is only getting 40 and thats it :(  paychecks and horrible he works in a wire mill

Anonymous

• I meant are horrible..

Anonymous

• Well it happened. The Home Depot has cut all part time employees to 8 hours a week. Full time people are being asked to volunteer to sign a contract to give up some of their hours until February. I now have 8 hours of work a week. My boss told me to please hang in there. I don't know if it can. As of next week it will be costing me money to work instead of earning.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2008