Why do people brag about losing weight during pregnancy?

Or only gaining a couple lbs? Aren't you supposed to gain a healthy amount of weight during a normal pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when i had my son i only weighed 140 and that was all baby wish i would have weighed more!!
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• In my case its healthy to loose. Because I'm starting overweight.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• btw, lost 20 with DD. And I'm pretty sure by the time I'm done (I'm 34 weeks now) I'll be over 20lbs lost with this pregnancy.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• it depends if you start your pregnancy at a healthy weight, you should gain anywhere between 20 to 30 pounds,, if your overweigh, you prolly should only gain half that like on 15 pounds!!! but its not healthy to loose in pregnancy at ANYONES case!!!!
    lovingmom2011

Answer by lovingmom2011 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Cause they fear of getting fat after having the baby. Which is ridiculous because you have to gain weight to keep your baby healthy. I mean I wasn't one of those moms who worried about weight gain during pregnancy, but yeah it sucks to have baby fat afterwards but it can easily be burned off by walking and showing off that new baby. You're both winners as far as I'm concerned.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Salem...... Were you trying to loose weight?? or were you just sick the whole time,witch Caused you to loose weight?
    lovingmom2011

Answer by lovingmom2011 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Actually Loving my Doctor disagrees. As long as I'm not becoming dehydrated, or anemic, its perfectly acceptable and nothing to worry about.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have lost 10 pounds with my current pregnancy due to morning sickness. Something that I couldn't help. Now that I am past the morning sickness stage, I should begin gaining. I have never bragged about this though, I was truly concerned and my ob reassured me baby was fine.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• no one on earth could/would/should brag about LOSING weight during pregnancy. it's a terrifying ordeal. you have to have extra scans, dr appts, more bedrest, more pills and medicines and drama. and if you lose enough, you get a very scary tube to provide nutrients to you and your baby.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• With the first I was sick for 4 months. No I was not actively trying to loose weight. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and have not been sick this time. Yet I started last August around 270lbs. I am now about 250lbs. Gotta figure the baby and water weight about 15 to 20 lbs right now. I have big babies so lets say 20. So after baby is born I should be around 230lbs.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011