I was wondering if there were any quilters on here...

that quilt their own quilts.
I want to get a long arm machine, but don't know where to begin without feeling like I am lost.
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to begin?

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 7:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would love to have one too but have no idea on what is a good one. Curious to see if anyone else out there could give some tips.
    Right now I don't do anything bigger than crib size cuz I can fitt that into my sewing machine.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't but is there a quilting group maybe?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I quilt, but I do it by hand. Those long arms are EXPENSIVE!!!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I quilt with a regular machine. If I were going to get a long arm, I would visit a couple of quilt shops and ask questions there. Try to find people in your area who do long arm quilting for others. They may be willing to offer advice. Also, check the web. Look for advice and reviews of popular machines. I would start with Alex Anderson.  http://alexandersonquilts.com/simplyquilts/allshows.php

I think APQS was a sponsor of her show (Simply Quilts), so her site may lean toward that maker; but you can get general info that would apply to any brand you're considering. GL   :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I quilt by my regular machines.I would love to have a long arm machine but we have no room for it and it's expensive.Let us know what you end up doing!
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 8:42 AM on May. 11, 2011