How do I get my daughter to be gentle?

I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby and my 2 year old daughter is very rough. She jumps on me and sits on my tummy. I've told her to be nice. She still does it and it makes e upset because my stomach does end up hurting after she jumps on me. I want to be able to hold my baby and spend time with her but how do I get her to be nice and gentle? Eventually I will get big and I will hurt more. Please help!!!!!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 2:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• does your daughter like dora? if so, i let my daughter watch an episode of dora called big sister, i think that might help. since kids like to watch cartoons, and they pay attention to them better than people, itll explain to her alot about becoming a big sister, and being gentle. hope i helped.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I have an 15 month old little bouncy boy and I am just entering my 3rd trimester. I feel ya hun. But at first he was the same way it took time but after 10 billion you gotta be nices and seeing how daddy rubs my belly and how I rub his back hes finally catching on to nice touch. Plus one day he was patting my belly and he felt the baby move and it kinda dawned on him oh my theres something in there! lol it was funny. and lots of oh what a good job mommy likes when you touch nice. that helped me so much. He still has days he wants to use me as a pillow to body slam but its a work in progress. we're trying to work with him about babies too like looking at his baby pictures and real babies and animas too so he gets the whole gentle thing a little when his lil sis gets here.
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 2:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Dora sounds like a great idea too!

mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 2:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My 2 yr old is rough and tumble. I spent the last 2 months of my pregnancy at my sisters who played defense for me, so my daughter did not jump on me. My daughter hardly ever notices the baby in in my arms when she wants to play with me. I have to be firm with her and one arm her away to another activity. My daughter is however autistic so I have to give her alot of attention still too
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008