question

every time i stand up some water leaks out of my vagina sorry.but its not enough to soak my under wear and im 38 weeks and i dont want to have to wake mom up to take me to the hospital for then to say its not amniotic fluid and sent us home in a couple hours.what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• call your doctor and explain whats going on, he will call you back and answer any questions you have, especially being that far along, you want to be sure.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 2:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• SHADYZGIRL1983
    SHADY...
    call your doctor and explain whats going on, he will call you back and answer any questions you have, especially being that far along, you want to be sure.

its just they will tell me to come in i know they will but i have been up there before and i dont want to wake mom up this late im just thinking since its not soaking my under wear could if be amniotic fluid
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 2:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Smell it. What does it smell like? Amniotic fluid smells like semen. It also tastes sweet. Most likely it is pee from a verry prego bladder. That is what my doctor told me when I had this with my second. Good luck!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Amniotic fluid can be clear, pink, brown, or green. It also has an unusual smell that some people compare to Comet cleanser. If the fluid looks yellowish and smells of ammonia, you're probably experiencing urine leakage. This frequently happens to women toward the end of pregnancy.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• thank you
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 2:15 AM on Nov. 28, 2008