Does your kid/teen/tween take their phone in the bathroom?

I almost cannot even stand Facebook anymore.... those annoying kissy face self portraits the kids take in bathroom mirrors. Why? How?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• None of my kids have phones, nor are they allowed to use my phone. Nor do they have facebooks. Heck, they aren't even allowed to touch the computer. The oldest is almost 11. She can only use our house phone with permission but all her friends live on our block so if she really wants to talk to her friends she can go walk over to their house to chat.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I know this is horrible to say, but the illiteracy in the posts frightens me. And damn if they aren't all completely self-centered...it's the generation I guess. Technology has its downside.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I know, it's so annoying. I have several of my much younger cousins on as my FB friends and they all change their pictures about every other day to some new bathroom self-portrait. LOL. Wonder if they'll feel silly about it when they're older?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh, and I've seen more than a few self-taken lavatory photos here on cafemom too!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• LOL! My son made that mistake one too many times! Had to soak his phone in rice b/c he dropped it in the toilet! ROFLMAO!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• o.o' my cousins take pics like that but i'm like do you really have to show so much cleavage
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 9:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Fortunately my kids were teens in the 1980's and there were no cells and no Facebook. LOL. Whewww. I qam lucky they were teens back then,I guess. But they were pretty innocent and naive. I was too.
    But I have grandkids who haave phones. They just take silly photos of each other and their baby sister and their friends in front of us and parents ....very innocent. They don't take their phones in the bathroom. They are not quite that kinky.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i took/take my phone in the bathroom.....not to take pictures...but just in case my babies dad called me or my dad called, other then that i leave my phone out in the living room or my bedroom, my friend has her phone with her every second of every day though......texting, calling,taking pictures.....i got annoyed with it so i just dont really talk to her anymore.......if my soon to be son ever takes his phone into the bathroom ill be knocking in the door asking who's so important that he has to crap and text at the same time lol ;P
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 12:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• oh yeah, i'd much rather see a FB pic of the user's drunken night out.

if that's the only pics the kids are taking with their phones in private, lady, be thankful.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My kids don't have cell phones, and don't have facebook pages.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011