Is it bad not going for Thanksgiving with your inlaws even though they invited you?

I baked everything at home, and I feel me and my hubby and my son gotta spend it as a family at home, but I always have drama coming from my inlaws for not going to there place for the holidays, is that bad? there always mean to us threw the year and once the holidays are around the corner they start kissing ass...but i dont think its fair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• I DON'T BLAME YOU I DO THE SAME THING I LIKE MY OWN FOOD AND NO DRAMA DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You politely say no thank you this year we are spending it home together. This is why I hate the holidays. Everyone getting pissed off because they didn't come over, or they didn't buy good enough gifts etc....

I am so glad that I no longer deal with the in laws. (divorced 10 years woo hoo). We rotate with my parents each year. They come to my house or I go to theirs.

BUT It is also your choice 100% on what to do and everyone should understand.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 3:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• They need to realize that YOU and you hubby and kids are a family. I went ROUNDS with my husband's grandma after we got married and moved to Washington. I had to tell her that we did NOT have to answer to her and were NOT going to be told when and where to be at her house. I was so sick Thanksgiving '06 and she was livid that my husband and I didn't come to her house. I couldn't even get out of bed I was so sick...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I grew up going to everyone else's home for Thanksgiving! When my DH and I bought our home I told him that I wanted to spend holidays at our home. So I cook here, everyone is welcome to make that 2 hour drive we've always made to come to my house to eat! :D (we always have too much-but I plan for people to show up). I have a child with autism as well and crowds of unfamiliar people are just too much for him at times. And I want my children to remember mama's cooking and holidays at home! :D That is reason enough. Perhaps you could invite them to your home! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It is definitely not bad. Every family gets to the point where it's time to have the holidays at your own house, not constantly going to in-laws' homes.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2008