• In the Spotlight:

S/o of the vote for the worst pres ?

For those who said Reagan or Bush, what exactly did either of them do that was worse than stripping all black residents of their civil rights, declaring them second class citizens, appointing people in positions to make sure they were kept in conditions as close to what they had under slavery? What makes them worse than the president who proudly declared that this was white nation he intended to keep white as long as he was president, even invoking the name of God to do it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, am surprised to hear people said Reagan. He was ONE of the best in my opinion. Probably Eisenhower was best. Worst, I would say Carter and Clinton. I personally like GW...I do not like Obama in the slightest. But hey - it's just my opinion!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Most do not realize there were other presidents before The Reagan era for some, others think Clinton was the first. Or they know NOTHING about history to make a judgement beyond that.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• bow down

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• lol..carpy! i was thinking about the median-age of CMers..as far as i knew..and its correlation to their answers, as well.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Lack of history in school. The history books are so watered down and perverted to fulfill the liberal POV, there isn't a true lesson in history until you begin to do the research and read for yourself. But, then, you have to make sure you only read the writings of authors who have no political agenda in the writing.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't think history books are "watered down" or that they have a "Liberal" point of view. That';s paranoid.
    And IKE, Dwight D Eisenhower was actually as great as JFK, in my opinion and they both had good hearts.
    Taft and Coolidge weren't so hot. I don't think anyone realizes that Lincoln didn't care about slaves,either. But,hey, the truth hurts and if you won't read,that's your problem.
    Reagan deregulated up the wazoo and caused many of the troubles we have NOW. Deregulating banks allowed them to throw away rules that were put in place many decades ago . We are all suffering because of the deregulation -fest they began in the 1980's.......and it all culminated in the 2008 bank failures, stock devaluations and foreclosures on loans that never should have been given to peole who could not pay them.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• and it all culminated in the 2008 bank failures, stock devaluations and foreclosures on loans that never should have been given to peole who could not pay them.

So that's worse than trying to re-enslave the slaves?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Not P, WHICH President declared that he was going to keep this nation a "white nation"I don't get your question at all.This could be intersting if it was explained clearly. I Googled and didn't get an answer.
    PArdon me ,in advance.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• . I don't think anyone realizes that Lincoln didn't care about slaves,either.

By todays standard Lincoln would be a racist. By the standards of his day he was called a "nigger lover" But to say he did not care shows as much of a lack of knowledge as the people who think his sole agenda was to free them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Deregulating banks allowed them to throw away rules that were put in place many decades ago .

Regulation is the problem, need I remind you of who controls freddie and fannie?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011