How can i ease my 2yr old's mind in regards to pooping in the toilet?? PLEASE HELP!!

My two yr old has been (what I believe) fairly easy to potty train. However, she will NOT poop in the toilet and/or potty. She has such the hardest time getting it out because she holds it until she cant hold it anymore but then she's scared to (release it). On the other hand when she goes she doesn't completely go...she gets it out over a two-three day period (a little @ a time). Please provide info that have worked for you!!

mreynolds

Asked by mreynolds at 8:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• as silly as it sounds with my kids i made is seem so exciting to poop in the toilet and i let him in the bathroom when i went to show him that there is nothing scary or wrong about it. If he asked to see lol i showed him lol. He started going by himself after a just a little bit. You just have to avoid making it a "have to" for the kid.
    MrsToledo

Answer by MrsToledo at 8:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my oldest had that fear too. I would let him put on a pull up and sit on the little potty while he pooped w/ it on. After he was able to do that w/ ease. I pulled a little trick on him. He told me he had to go and asked for the pull-up. I told him to sit on the potty pants down while I went hunting for it. I took my time! He ended up going poop before I got back to him. After that he went poop on the potty w/ no problem

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'd make sure she's getting plenty of fiber in her diet, like wholegrain breads and carbs but especially fresh and dried fruit. Then she won't be able to hold it, and it'll come out quite cleanly and easily in one go.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My son was scared of it until honestly I let him watch me poop. Now I know it sounds gross but when my son knew mommy did it hes was fine with it.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It sounds to me like she's not ready. I would back off.
    4EqltyMom

Answer by 4EqltyMom at 11:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2011