Just because you're older than me really makes you wiser??? Ok....

I am so sick and tired of other moms thinking they are queen bee because they have been around a decade or two more than me. That is wonderful, congratulations. This, by no means, makes you any better of a parent or adult than I am. I am an adult, I do make good decisions and I am tired of being put down or being told "you're young, you'll learn. You don't understand yet. Just wait until you're older." I am in my late 20's. I know women a lot younger than me who have out-won me in an argument. STOP ASSUMING THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE OLDER, THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES YOU WISER!!!!

Ok. All done venting :-D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• An older person has had more time and opportunities to learn wisdom... but being older doesn't automatically mean they have actually learned much wisdom. :) The ones who've learned and grown throughout their lives are pretty impressive, but there are a lot of short-sighted, clueless older folks wandering around, too.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 12:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Feel better?

I thought the same thing when I was younger. And you know what? There were things I didn't know. I am sure you are doing a fine job as a mom. In ten years you will laugh at how wise you thought you were... I promise. And I am not saying that in a mean manner. :D Have a nice night.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• That's all well and good, but I resent young people who think they know it all. I'm not saying that you are like that OP, but it goes both ways, you know. I can't stand it when someone 20 years younger than me tries to tell me how to parent my teenager. Until you have a teenager, you have no right to tell me how to raise mine (not you in particular, OP, just you as people in general).

I think what it boils down to is that there are know-it-alls of all ages, and they are annoying as hell.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Wisdom comes with age, sorry but that really is true.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Wisdom does come with age but it also comes from experiences and I know a lot of people who had to grow older because of certain things and made them more wise than people twice their age...

Wisdom is in experience wether with age or events.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• "I am tired of immature elders that think they know because they happened to be alive during the occurrence. "

I can see your point there, however there is a lot of misinformation about certain events that have happened in our history. I think sometimes young people speak as though they know exactly what happened, but spew a lot of misinformation because that's all they know. In those cases, older people like myself, do get a tad bit annoyed because we were around when it happened, and we know a little more what's truth and what is not. I'm not saying that you are full of misinformation, you could very well be into history and know fact from fiction. I'm just saying that maybe that's where some of these people are coming from....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Im in my mid 40's and I promise you that when you get to my age you WILL understand what we older Mom's were TRYING to tell you at the age you are now. Wisdom DOES NOT always come with age, but considering Iv raised two well adjust productive member's of society who both have a future in the business world, Yea. I DO know better than someone young Mom in her 20's or teens. I Have gone through all the things that they think no one else could possibly understand, had ALL the problems they have with kid's and disciplin and eating habbits and how they dress, their bad influence friends, and since Im so old. Iv known 10 times the people they do and seen them raise kids to. I think your just to overly touchy or have deep rooted feeling that maybe you think your not a good or great Mom. Being a Mom is a learning curve. What works for one Mom wont work with another. Take all advice with a grain of salt,
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• gets on my nerves as well, especially the ones that act like little kids or aren't parents.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• LOL I know how you feel! I am 21 with 3 kids, my oldest is 2 1/2, and I've been with my fiance for 5yrs, yes he's the dad to all. People always say that I should do this,or learn from them they raised such and such kids fine, blah blah blah!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i'm with you on that one... there are some who are and some who aren't...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011