Early Pregnancy UTI

This is my second pregnancy within a year and I had a miscarrige months ago where I got a UTI very early in the pregnancy. I just found out about this pregnancy and I woke up with an acute UTI...is this coincidence or has it happened to anyone else?

MrsToledo

Asked by MrsToledo at 8:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a UTI my first pregnancy and I had one this pregnancy as well. I haven't had a miscarriage though.
    But I wouldn't start worrying until something bad happens.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i had 3 UTI with this pregnancy and this is my first.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• how far along are you?

I've gotton yeast Infections with pregnancy b4 But i don't think i have gotton a UTI, but They Are Common in Pregnancys, But you Def. need to Call your Doctor< and Be Seen ASAP..
    lovingmom2011

Answer by lovingmom2011 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree. I would call your doctor if for no other reason than to assuage your fears.
    4EqltyMom

Answer by 4EqltyMom at 8:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• A history of frequent UTIs can put you at risk for premature labor, which is one of the reasons they keep such a close watch on urine at each appointment. I'm not sure whether that risk also extends to miscarriages. You should definitely call the doctor for an appointment, even if your first prenatal appointment isn't for a few weeks.

On a positive note, though, a UTI definitely does not mean that you will have a miscarriage. I had a UTI early on with my first pregnancy, and everything turned out fine--completely healthy and full-term pregnancy and baby.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I never heard of any correlation between uti and miscarriage.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• thank you all for your answers and advice. I have gone to the doctor but they didn't really tell me any thing. I did a due date calendar and it said that i was 5 weeks. The pregnancy test I took at the dr yesterday showed up negative so they sent me for a blood test and a urine culture.
    MrsToledo

Comment by MrsToledo (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2011