what could possible reasons be.. as to why my 11 month old can keep down some foods and not others? could it be that he's just not ready for food yet?

loves to eat tiny piece of chicken dogs/turkey dogs, mashed potatoes, cheese from pizza as well as the sauce and soggy bread, white sauce with small piece of brocculi from pasta etc.. but throws up nine times out of ten. Talked to his pedi.. and a woman at the hospital.. said theres no sign of a blockage... or reflx problem seeing how he hardly ever spit up his formula.. but I'm still stumped as to whats going on. I want them to do a swallow test.. but the expert said theres no reason for it.. has anyone else ever gone thought this? He hardly has any interest in food either. I just don't know what to do any more.. I'm at a loss for words.

KylesMoM83

Asked by KylesMoM83 at 3:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Are there particular foods that make him throw up? Or could it be anything at all?

if you can find a common denominator, that would help.

I'd also consider getting a second opinion.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My baby used to throw up almost every time we fed him! He was 9 months, and almost exclusively breastfed because he didn't want food. Of course, throwing up most of what he ate didn't help this situation! We did months of occupational therapy to get him eating, and then had extensive allergy testing (they do blood tests at that age, not the skin pricks). We discovered he was allergic to wheat, oats, eggs, dairy, bananas, and a couple of other things. That was pretty much everything we were feeding him! Talk to your pediatrician about allergy testing. We went through some VERY scary tests for some VERY scary diseases before the allergies were discovered. And he outgrew them all by age 3! Good luck getting to the bottom of your little guy's problem.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 4:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Have you had an allergy test done? So you can see what foods he is allergic to.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 7:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• its a mind thing go to god read the bible feel every you go to feeling that way o.k.
    devon229

Answer by devon229 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• the old poeples say give your child some flour and water
    devon229

Answer by devon229 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2008