Do you give tylenol or advil for a molar coming in?

My daughter is getting her molar, she is 2 years old. I gave her orajel, but I also gave her tylenol. Now I wonder if I should have given her advil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no hurt in trying.. i like advil and motrin (ibuprofen) for my kids better because tylenol doesn't work that great for them
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't give advil, I give Motrin. I prefer that over tylenol. Motrin has anti-inflamatory and tylenol does not.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I use Tylenol when I have too, never tried the others.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• motrin works great never tried advil.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would try motrin or advil I don't like tylenol they have had way too many recalls lately. I thought they had pulled it off the shelf last time I went to the stores to look for meds all I could fine was advil..hope it works!
    NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It depends on her discomfort and what works for her. If the Tylenol doesn't work, you can try Motrin or Advil. They can be given together, but give the Tylenol a chance to work first.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I recently cut a wisdom tooth, and wanted to DIE. Advil/Motrin are the same exact thing- Ibuprofen, which is an anti inflammatory (will take down the swelling), and over all a better pain killer. I took it while I was teething. oragel can be extremely dangerous if over administered, or if swallowed because you can not feel what you're swallowing and wind up aspirating saliva, or any other liquid ingested. I won't use it on myself.
    Give her some partially thawed frozen peas to munch on, they feel sooo good!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• DS is getting 2 molars right now and we give him the Up and Up brand Ibprophen. Works pretty good.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Children's Advil and Tylenol are both fine to give, try alternating between the two. Try Children's Orajel on the area. A warm washcloth held to the side of the face that it is coming in on also helped my daugter.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i give tylenol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011