Are you an organ donor? Why or why not? What does your family say if they know?

I am an organ donor, and I chose to because I don't have any real spiritual beliefs, so I like to think that maybe when I die a part of me will live on somehow. Plus, I'm done with them, right? LOL

My family knows. They are supportive. My father supports me fully and will say things like "I think if I lost you it would make me feel better if I knew someone else didn't have to lose their child because of your organ donation", but will then say "I'm keeping my parts though" LOL

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes. Once I'm gone I figure I won't need anything and if I can donate any part of my body to help someone else, why wouldn't I?? My family knows my wishes and is totally supportive of them.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No not right now but am going to change that when I renew my D/L. If I can save a life when I am not here anymore then that makes me feel good.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh ya my family wouldn't say anything negative.
    sarasmommy777

• I am an organ donor, have it on my driver's license. Plus,my family knows it's my wish. Once I die, my soul will be with God,and I won't need my body,and I'd love to be able to help someone else.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes I am. And contrary to popular beliefs, you will still be able to have an open casket if you wish even with everything taken.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes. My BIL died and was an organ donor, so DH's whole family is, and mine actually all are too. My kids are til they're able to make their own decision (they're not old enough right now).
    Anonymous

• I'm an organ donor, and I've never really seen anything 'controversial' about it. I've been accused of being too pragmatic at times, but it just makes sense to me. I mean, the only organ you need when you're dead is a church organ. My kids have expressed a desire to be organ donors too, and I think it's great.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes I am. My husband is the only family I've actually discussed it with, and he's fine with it for both me and himself.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• no, the thought of it kind of freaks me out
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• yes I am but my husband is very against it!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011