Has anyone tried those YOU'RE BABY CAN READ! dvd's?

I saw them advirtise the other night and am really interested. Anyone already try them????

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My son is only two weeks. I was just wondering cuz I love reading and I want him to get a head start so HE'LL hopefull like it too. =)
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• keep trying thay will get it dont give up on them
    devon229

Answer by devon229 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I think they do more harm than good. They would be teaching site reading which would make learnning to read harder. Phonics are the way to go. The best thing you can do for a head start on reading for your children is to READ to them.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I agree why do you want your baby to read, let them be a baby, I read to my son everyday & night

with the videos i thinks its just memory & not really understanding what the word means I wouldn't but them
    Anonymous

• i love to read also, and would be kind of hurt if my daughter didn't. i began reading to her when she was an infant. when she got older, i would read her 2 books before nap, and 2 before bed. she loves books now. she's constantly carrying them around saying, "mama, read!" so that's my advice. just read to your son all the time. he may not be interested at first, or maybe only at bedtime, but eventually he may come around.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Um anon, It's not like I'm forcing him. I think it'd be great for him to get ahead of the game. All the kids I saw looked like they were having fun. I love how dumb bitches like you post anon and hide because you're ashamed of what you have to say. It's teaching him to read dumbass, not brain washing him. You didn't even answer my question. I asked if anyone had used them, I didn't ask for lectures on how I choose to raise MY baby. If you're not going to answer my question, don't fucking post!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:04 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• And maybe you should look into the dvds bitch before you go saying "I think it's memory, not knowing what the word it. " You can clearly tell that the babies know what the word is.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2008