Mr. Holland's Opus

Has anyone else seen this movie? I cried so hard at so many parts. Especially for someone who was in band for eight years and still plays, it was incredibly inspirational and touching. What was your favorite part? Why?

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 9:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Entertainment

• Oh, I LOVE that movie. It has been so long since I have seen it, but it made a BIG impression. I love the message about the far-reaching impact of mentorship.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I really loved that movie. It's so good. I loved that the redheaded student in the beginning came back at the end as the mayor, all grown up. I loved how well they made him age. The whole thing was great.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have had it DVR'd for 3 years..lol. I just watched it again Sunday night. I love, love, love this movie. Oh, and yes, I bawl every time .
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't have a favorite part, but I really enjoy that movie.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• One of the best movies ever!
    doesn't hurt that I have a crush on Richard Dreyfuss!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• that movie is just great i just watched it the other day... makes me tear up every time.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i love that movie! I've seen it several times. My favorite part is when he asks the redhead to "play the sunset". And of course the ending is good. I liked when he sang "Beautiful Boy" to his son. :-) I think Richard Dreyfuss should have won an Oscar for that.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• One of my favorite movies actually. I think my favorite part is at the end when he conducts his own symphony. Either that or when he finally accepts his son's deafness and does that concert for him at his school.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My father has been gone for 17 years, he was our HS band instructor, I have not yet got the nerve up to watch it. Even after all of these years, certain things are triggers. Some day I will watch it. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh I love that movie! I don't know that I could pick a favorite part, but probably the end when he conducts again. My sr year of hs we played that song for our spring concert and it was awesome. It was probably one of my favorite things we ever played. That was 13 years ago.
    MandaTx79

Answer by MandaTx79 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011