Am i having a miscarriage?

I was spotting and bleeding lightly since Sunday, (3days) but then about an hour ago, i started cramping and having lower back pain and my bleeding started to become a little heavier and i started clotting blood when i went to the bathroom, i feel a little relief but still a little crampy. Did I just miscarriage? I just found out i was pregnant on Friday and I have a doctors appt tomorrow, i will be devestated if I have lost the baby...please help!! i am stressing out and i am so scared that i lost before i may have even had a chance...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You need to go get checked out.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It sounds like you did have a miscarriage. That is the only reason why I can think you had clotting. How far along are you? You might need a D&C, though if you're only a month or so you're probably fine.

When in doubt, call your doctor.

Miscarriages are very common and while they're hard to go through, it does not mean that your next pregnancy will end in a miscarriage. You can safely have a successful pregnancy after experiencing a miscarriage.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh honey, you probably are. I am so sorry.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Your dr. can tell you for certain. I've had one in the past and it sounds like you might have too, I'm so sorry. I hope I'm wrong.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• it sounds like it, that happend to me last month only i dident know i was preg, i was 3 weeks....i was bleeding for 9 days and on the 10th day got a lil crampy then chunks started comeing out, went to the dr and preg test came back pos....did u/s and there was a sack bt no baby :(

id go to the er!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Its hard to say because those are the signs of miscarriage but I would go to emergency room to be safe cuz you don't wanna waste time waiting and waiting , once you see blood that's cause for concern especially since you said it got heavier I wish you well and I hope everything is ok
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's hard to say especially since the miscarriage I had was a missed miscarriage. I really hope your not though, I had mine at six weeks. If your very nervous that it is a m/c I would go to the e.r. I know that if you fill up a pad in one hour they say to go to the e.r. to check. I hope your not, mine was devastating. Good luck.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The only way to know for sure is to go to the doctor and see what they say. I would try not to think too much about it either way and just deal with it tomorrow. I had very significant bleeding with my first pregnancy about a week after I found out I was pregnant (after 2 years of trying). I was certain I had miscarried and cried until I got to see the doctor. Turns out, I had a bleed inside my uterus (but outside of the placenta) and everything with the baby was fine. I had the usual early pregnancy crampiness (the I'm-about-to-start-my-period crampy feeling), which I took to mean I had bleeding and cramping. But the cramping wasn't severe. So, it could be a miscarriage or it could be something else, you never know. I'd just wait to feel relief or be distraught until I saw on ultrasound what was going on in there. Best of luck.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Thank you for all the quick answers, i am really not filling up a pad in an hour, ive had the same one all day. when i normally have my period i do sometimes clot, its always been very normal for me, but i didnt think that this would happen while i was pregnant. i just hope that when i see the doctor tomorrow everything turns out to be okay. I didnt really have any severe symptoms until about two hours ago and then about an hour ago is when i started to clot about the size of two quarters. Does anyone know if I did miscarriage and if i took another pregnancy test tomorrow morning before the doctor would it still show positive or would it be negative now? much help is appreciated!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It sounds like it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011