Does the Jewish religon belive that Jesus is our savior?

I was just thinking and i don't know about this i am a christian and was brought up so i know very little about any other religon.

kim168

Asked by kim168 at 5:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are Jews who are Messianic Jews who believe Jesus is the Savior and then there are Jews who are still waiting for the Messiah.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You could try going to one of the Jewish Mom groups on here.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• im a baptist an grew up with a jewish stepfather...Iv never really gotten an answer to this question...I know they believe in god but im not sure about jesus...but my stepdads family celebrated christmas i dont know if that means anything or not?...
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 5:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• They believe Jesus was a prophet but NOT a savior because they do not believe he was the son of god.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• The do not believe the messiah has come yet.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• No. If they believed that Jesus was the messiah, they would be Christians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• NO... Then they would have to admit that they killed him... They would never do that... Besides if they did, they'de be christian.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Sabrina...it's been proven that the Jews did not kill Christ....they were his followers! The Pharisees were a whole 'nother story...not the Jewish people as a whole. Please stop spreading that myth. I was born and raised Jewish but accepted Christ as my saviour several years ago...avid Church goer and teach Sunday School.

To answer OP's original question: modern day Jewish people do not accept that Jesus was the son of God and is not the Messiah. They still await the coming of the Messiah (Meshiach).

Messianic Jews are the closest to the Jews of Christ's lifetime...still following the dicatates of Jewish Law but accepting that the Messiah has come in the body of Jesus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• if you have god in your life keep him in it
    devon229

Answer by devon229 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• anon11:44: I'm so glad you responded. I'm not Jewish however do sometimes visit a Messianic Jewish service.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2008