Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Bumps

Medical marijuanna

Ok I am a military spouse, I have chronic pains and am wondering if I have to get the state licence for where I'm living to get access to the dispensary or are they going to take my out of state licence since I am a military spouse?


We're in California


Well of course the military supplied doctors refuse to give me a script for MM, all they wanan do is give me more medicine! I can't take tramadol or hydrocodone or anyhing that's a good pain reliever because I get horrably violently ill. So I am goign to seek a civillian Dr and seek their help. But we livei n off base housing, not on base.


I did the whole pain meds thing. Doesn't even take the edge off. Also yoga stretching actually irritates my pains. I was in physical therepy and did 3 times a week chiropractic, trigger massage, physical thereapy and tractino machines. I did that for four months and was recently dumbed by my rehab place because I'm not going to get any better. Since OTC pain don't help me and I can't take anything stronger then OTC meds without getting sick. Thisis my only option. Also since we are tricare acupuncture is not an option as tricare is too cheap to cover it. And I looked it's xpensive.


The dispensarie down the street that one that I am looking to go too I actually hear does not serve minors. I know this because all the tweens and teens in my neighborhood whine about it.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (21)
  • What state?

    Answer by momavanessa at 9:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • what states? I'm not familiar with the details, but bump

    Answer by wanderingmuse at 9:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • If you go to your doctor and get a recommendation on a prescription, it will help your case by taking some liability off of the dispensary. If you live on a base, you should also check your local law, which could be different than the state's, regarding possession. I wouldn't want to take any chances with your husband's position.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • i saw on some show that if it's illegal in the sate you're in you can't get it there idk though so here's a bump :)

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • I have heard of Medical Marijuana for the effects of chemotherapy....but PAIN? Maybe some Ibuprofen, hot soaking baths and YOga sretches will help?

    Answer by minnesotanice at 9:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • Well, you may as well give it a try. Those dispensaries are pretty loosey-goosey, and will pretty much grant a card to anyone who pays them the $150 that they charge. . . .,including minors.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • yes, pain, it's an excellent analgesic


    Answer by autodidact at 9:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • It is nerve pain? Since you may have difficulty getting MM, you may want to ask your doc if something like Neurontin or Lamictal could be added. Those often help with neurogenic pain.

    Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • Maybe some Ibuprofen,

    You're really suggesting Advil and a hot bath to someone in enough pain they'll prescribe her hydrocodone?

    Answer by NotPanicking at 11:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • I have heard of Medical Marijuana for the effects of chemotherapy....but PAIN? Maybe some Ibuprofen, hot soaking baths and YOga sretches will help?

    Did you read ANY of the OP? Specifically the parts where she said "OTC (over the counter) meds don't work" - *cough* Ibuprofen. And before that, where she said "Yoga actually irritates my pain".

    Answer by DusterMommy at 1:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN