I didn't know what to say!

Ok I was at my SIL's house yesterday and her son's friend had came over to play with him(they're 7) and he was drinking from a water bottle and he opened it with his teeth and made one of his teeth loose. The we told him cool you can pull it and the tooth fairy will come visit you. He told us "well, the tooth fairy hasn't visited from this one right here(and pointed to the hole in his mouth)" I didn't know what to say or do!!!!! He is supposed to spend the night with my nephew this Friday so I think I am gonna tell my SIL to put a dollar(or w/e) under his pillow. But I am curious what to say if this happens again????? HELP!!!

MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Asked by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 9:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That is a tough one. Do you think the parents just don't encourage this? I know a lot of people feel like you are lying to your kids when you do this. I have seen it time and time again on here and it always shocks me. I would just be careful what you do because you don't want to step on the parents toes. If you think they just forgot or didn't have the money, then maybe it would be okay. Poor thing. Good luck, I hope you come up with an answer.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• aww... maybe his parents forgot? idk i'd leave him a dollar lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I am not bashing anyone, but the area I live in has alot of people who suffer with money issues, I mean I'm not rich and all, but I'm not poor either, But I know I can put at least a dollar under my childs pillow! If not that night, I know the next night my child will have the tooth fairy visit!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Comment by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My mom and my sister(who is 7 years older than me) never ruined any of that for me, I believed for a while, they start loosing there teeth around that age IDK how they can't believe...Yes, my nephew knows the truth, but we didnt know if he did or not and they way he talked he obviously believed still!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Comment by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would not encourage it without speaking with the parents first. Some parents do not feel it is right to lie to the children like that and even if you don't agree with them I would definitely honor their requests if that is it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I get that parents don't want to lie to there kids, so if this was the case with him, wouldnt he have told us this? Instead of saying oh she hasnt came yet...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Comment by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Kids don't think the same way you do..... so no, he might not have thought to tell you what the deal was at home. You need to talk to his parents before you assume what the deal is. If they don't buy into the tooth fairy thing then you shouldn't be pushing your belief on him. That's kinda like saying to a Jewish child what do you mean Santa didn't leave you gifts?? KWIM??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You said the right thing. Tooth fairy is a fun game!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• at 7yrs old most kids don't belive in tooth fairy's just give him the money ,and most can't afford to give their child money
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011