Kids b-day dilema....

if the ONLY thing your child asked for their birthday was dinner at a restaurant that is about 14 hours away (No cake, gifts, etc) would you do it?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, I would, If I could afford the traveling I would...I would also try to pick up a little gift to just because gifts are nice for your kids.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 9:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• if thats all they wanted i would actually try lol.. unfortunately my son has a 5 page list every year lol
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes!! I would still also want to get a gift even though they think the dinner is the only gift!!..BTW I would hope the restaurant has like top notch food!! lol
    NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• At this point, in the circumstances we're in now, no. When contemplating something like that, you have to figure not only the cost of dinner, but a hotel to stay at (there and possibly on the way to and from), other meals while traveling, taking that time off of work, etc. We couldn't do it right now. If our situation was different, I'd seriously consider it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It depends on the situation of money. You have to take into count the amount of money for the birthrday meal, the gas, hotel room, ect
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If I could afford it, yes.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes if thats the only thing they are asking for they must really want to go :)
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011