Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Can u put a man on support if he lives with you?

i am putting my son's father on support his name is on the lease along with mine. he stays at the apt most days but all the others he is at his moms. he doesnt pay full rent sometimes i have to come up with it or all of it. he never makes time for his son let a lone buy stuff for him that he needs. i would say once every two months he will buy pampers and when he gets paid every week he buy nothing but junk foods and gummy worms for my son nothing heathly. as for the bills i usually get stuck paying them. and at times i have to buy stuff for him. he works for a temp service and i worked at my job for 3yrs and its with children. plus next month im moving to another apt without him on the lease and he isnt moving in.i have all my proof of income, exspenses, tax w2's ect... can i get into trouble or am i good?

Answer Question

Asked by mommymamamom at 10:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

Level 5 (75 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • You should still be able to get child support from him. You might try to see a free legal service and ask them for sure for your state.

    Answer by musicpisces at 10:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • I have no idea what it means to put someone on support.
    Are you asking him for support payments for the child?
    Are you asking to claim him on your taxes as a dependent?
    It is not clear what you want.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 10:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • you are good I know you wont get into trouble especially when you get your new place(CONGRATS) and good luck!

    Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 10:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • Once you aren't living with him or his name is on the lease - you are good to go.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • "Putting him on support" ??? I am really confused here. But then I know nothing about support.,WOW<> WHo is paying the support? WHy would he get support? What the heck?

    Answer by minnesotanice at 10:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • ok reason for the support is he needs to take care of his kid. so if he wont do it on his own then i will go through the gov and that will encourage him to give his son money for the things he will need. and if he doesnt follow through then there it will keep adding up of how much he owes and after so long they can put a warrant out for him. thats all i want him to do is take care of his son i gave him several chances and he never changed his ways.

    Comment by mommymamamom (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • I still do not know WHO gets the support and where the support comes confusing and muddled is this? Wow....

    Answer by minnesotanice at 10:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • the money comes from the dad and goes on a card that goes to the mom to buy things that the child needs

    Comment by mommymamamom (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.