Should I be concerned?

My son is almost 7 months od and I exclusively bf. He has ceral 1 time a day and a fruit or vegtable 1-2 times a day, also I give him vitamins. I noticed today though that he only gets 3-4 wet diapers a day and only 2-3 poop diapers a week. He weighs 23lbs and is in the 96th percentile for height and weight, doctors dont seem concerned with anything so should I be concerned of what little diapers he has?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as he's growing and still having at least 3 pees a day and a poop a week (and the consistency is normal), and he's not in pain or looking sickly, I wouldn't worry too much. Check consistency of the poops more than frequency.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't be if the doctors aren't. But if you feel you need to, call your doctor's office and ask. Mine never minded.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• at his age he uses almost everything your milk has for him.....not much waste....the perfect food :)
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 10:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• First he is no longer exclusively breastfeed if you are giving him cereal and vegetables. Second when you add the other foods it is very common for the poop diapers to decrease. You want at least 3 pee diapers a day if you are using disposable and more like 5 if using cloth at this age. If the doctor's aren't concerned I wouldn't be from what you have posted here.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i have a 10 month old. she is jsut now regularly eating one small jar of food a day. she poos less with more carbs and veggies. i was concerned for a bit, so i put her on fruits only until she seemed comfortable. what kind of cereal are you using? i prefer rice to oats. maybe cut the cereal or switch to rice and see if that makes a difference.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i wouldnt be worried about it , but if it makes you feel more confortable take him for a second opinion.
    nikkupsmom

Answer by nikkupsmom at 1:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• his poops have always been like that, and I use rice ceral
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 5:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Don't be too concerned until your next dr appointment
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2011