Alcohol

i want your opinions on if you think theres anythig wrong with having a few drinks after your kids go to sleep. do you do it time to time? is it wrong?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• A drink after your kids go to bed a few times a week are fine. So many that you are hung over EVERY morning - not so good.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• How many is a few? Is this every night?
    We only drink socially. I'd say I have fewer than 3 drinks a month.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I really don't drink because I just don't like to, but I don't see anything wrong with it! Thats your time to relax!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 10:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's NOT wrong. I didnt have the time or energy to drink after my kids went to bed when they were little.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No. I do not think there is anything wrong with having a few drinks after the children are safely tucked away in bed. I do not do it anymore at all.. BUT, when my children were young (now ages 41 and 42) I was a single parent, worked a couple of jobs and took care of everything on my own. I would relax and unwind sometimes nightly with a couple of glasses of wine. Get up the next day, get them to school and myself to work and do it all over again. I never let those nightly glasses of wine interfere with my ability to support myself and my children.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Some people have an issue with it, but the way I look at it is my parents drank a few on the weekends and as I got older I knew it and they did do it around me, but it taught me to respect it and do it in moderation. I feel hiding it from them makes it more appealing. DH and I have drinks even around our kids but it is never more then 1-2 an evening and only when we are home or have someone else to drive home.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't see a problem with having a few drinks after they go to bed. I very rarely have a drink in front of the kids. Sometimes if I have a really bad day at work then I might have one. Ususally I save my drinking when I go out and I always make sure that the kids are staying at the grandparents hosue or I have a babysitter who is able to drive home. Howeve to me thise days are gone until they at least until they are out of the house. lol
    Clover484

Answer by Clover484 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• As long as you're not drinking so much that you'd be considered DUI if pulled over on the road. anything can happen, and if there were an emergency you wouldn't want to show up to the ER drunk (or buzzed). I don't drink personally.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I drink wine after my daughter goes to sleep she is 22 months...I don't drink to the point I am drunk and can't get up in the morning! My SO doesn't drink at home he is more so a sociable drinker when he goes out. I drink occasionally especially if she is not here for the weekend like with my parent's. Oh and if I decide to drink wine for dinner I put it in a wine glass and it looks like apple juice =)

NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• oh how could you? that would be just so wrong!...... hahaaa just kidding.... no nothing wrong with that at all it is your time to relax just be sure not to get hammered so that if there was an emergency you couldn't deal with it...so go ahead and have a few... your over 21 right?
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2011