Which would you choose?

A. Being friends with someone that you have a lot in common with but whose discipline style is different than yours and their kids could be/are a bad influence on your own kids.
OR
B. Being friends with someone that you have only a few things in common with whose discipline style is similar to yours and therefore their kids could be/are a good influence on your own kid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• A and just hope my kids will be a good influence on their kids.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• B. because if there discipline style is similar to mine we have a lot in common. and I would NEVER let my kids near someone who could be a bad influence.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It is possible to have two very different friends. Your kids can grow (with the proper guidance) from being different types.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would be friends with both.
    MaryCEOmom

Answer by MaryCEOmom at 10:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• B. Definately B. A would be nice, but the friendship wouldnt last with her brats giving my kids bad idea's
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• we actually dissolved a friendship b/c we thought the kids were a bad influence on ours. as it turns out; for us so far, we have one child that is easily influenced...toward the "dark side" (he is only 5, so it isn't that bad!)...so maybe the friendshop did not have to end. our kids are young yet, but maybe it is hard to have children and parents that all mesh really well.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would be and am friends with both. I try to only hang out with A without the kids though. There is a lot more to me then my parenting style like the fact that I am an engineer by degree, a landlord, a college student etc. and I have friends in each of those "professions" as well as mom friends. My mom friends share my parenting style for the most part and that is who I generally bring the kids around.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• B! Because you can be friends and not be togeter all the time! I am so tired of badparenting, and cant deal with that anymore!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2011