Natural Home Birth vs. Hospital Birth????

Just curious to hear feedback from other mothers/soon-to-be mommies how they feel they should bring their new lives into this world...

kristinamalek

Asked by kristinamalek at 10:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 4 out of my 5 were born safely ad lovingly at home. my one hospital birth was a planned homebirth, but due to prematuraity (32 weeks) we went to the hospital.
    homebirths are beautiful and comfortable and very family friendly! the worst part of our hospital birth was being separated from our other child.
    i must add that our hospital birth included wonderful nicu care, but horrid maternal care (no breakfast, blankets with holes, a moldy blanket and no where for dh to sleep.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• In my opinion you never know what's going to happen so I'm all for the hospital. With my first I had toxemia towards the end and was induced, so I had no choice but even if everything pregnancy wise was fine I'd still rather know I could have medical attention in seconds if there was an emergency. Hospitals are improving too, I know the one I use is homey-- a single room, labor and delivery and even recovery including visiting hours are up to the mom.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 10:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• did it at the hospital . honestly I feel saver there but to each there own
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had drug free birth for both of my kids at the hospital.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had 3 natural childbirths at a Hospital. I wouldn't have felt safe enough to have our boys at home. If there was an emergency, like the cord around our sons neck, there wouldn't have been the right equipment available to help him breathe. There are too many reasons NOT to have a home birth. It's your choice but if I had to do it all over again, I would choose a Hospital environment.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Btw, you can take a tour of your Hospital, see what their birthing rooms look like, see how things work, and whats available to you. I did that a few months before and knew what to expect. We were very lucky to have a great Hospital, and a great staff..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Hospital birth. I feel safer being there and the 2 hospitals I've had my children at were wonderful!! The way I think about it is if something were to happen, I'm in a place where there's doctors, specialists, and medical equipment if something were to go wrong. That gives me peace of mind.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would be to scared to do a home birth because anything could happen, I just feel safer at the hospital where they are prepared for anything.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'd LOVE to have a home birth one day. That said, my son's birth was very complicated, and required an emergency c-section. There are so many unnecessary interventions in hospital births that result in complications. Normal birth isn't a medical event.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had all 3 of my children in a hospital.. now that i've moved very far away from home and am not familiar with the hospitals here I am opting for a birth center. It has all the benefits of a home birth except its 10 min away and it also has midwives who know how to take care of an emergency and when to send you to the hospital.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011