Has anyone dealt with impetigo?

My son is 4 and I just took him to the doctor today. His right ear has been draining for last couple of days and he can't keep his hands out of it. So I thought just an ear infection. Then after his nap on Monday, I noticed he had a few red bumps on his face that looked like bug bites. I noticed his eye was also bloodshot. Today, he had a few more bumps on his face, around his ear, and by his lower lip. The doctor said it was impetigo and that he had a staph infection in his ears....probably from the drainage of the ear infection. Everything I looked at online does not look like impetigo. His face just has red bumps on it. They are not open sores or anything. Just curious if anyone had experience with this. I'm freaking out about reading stuff online and how the staph in his ear could turn to MRSA and everything. I feel so sorry for him. He plays fine but when he goes to bed he even plays with his ear while he is asleep.

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 10:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes she has ezema so she gets it once a year for two years now. the first time freaked me out but the second as soon as i thought it was back i took her. i read alot once you get it its easier to get it again so just give him the meds and watch it dont freak out.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 11:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• oh and my daughter had it so bad her dr didnt know what it was her partner in the practice didnt know what it was. i had to take her to a dermatologist. it was almost all over her body besides her hands feet face and privates. it was very scary i cried alot she was on 3 medications for it. she had puss sores but she made it out fine thats why the second time once i seen two i took her back and she only needed the ointment.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My brother had it, but not with my child
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011