Does anyone know of a good ingredient/cookbook for 18 mo. showing ADHD??

Vallar426

Asked by Vallar426 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dr Sears recommends adding more fruits and vegetables into their diet
    www.spiceoflifemekajuiceplus.com
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 11:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If you don't mind me asking why would you think your 18 mo old is showing ADHD? That is way to young to make that kind of diagnosis. If you have a doctor telling you this then you need a second opinion ASAP. I am Mom to a child with an autism spectrum disorder an we have seen specialists from one end of the country to another and have been told many times that you can't begin to diagnosis this until the child is past the toddler years.

I'm not trying to butt in..I just think you are looking at a diagnosis you don't want in your childs records until it absolutely has to be.

This being said..with our own child, who takes no meds btw...we serve very limited amounts of processed food. If you cook from scratch..you will do great. Avoid the processed stuff and stuff that contains a lot of sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup/sweeteners. Serve complex carbs and plenty of fresh fruits/veggies.

Good luck.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree with the previous post, 18 months old is WAY too young to even consider diagnosing ADHD.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• 18 mos.... there is no way of saying if they have ADHD...kids this age should be active and full of energy and move from one thing to the next. my oldest has Aspergers and the Dr's have said that a proper diagnosis cannot be done before age 4, and that was 20 yrs ago.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011