How do you get your 19 month old to take naps? She refuses!

This has been a struggle for a month now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get em worked up before nap time then wind them down with a movie
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 11:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my nephew stopped napping at that age :/
    my boys are 18 months and the last few days theyve only napped every other day!!! ahh :/
    my mom said when my brother and I were babies she would just put us in our crib for the same about of time as a nap would last and just let us be in there to "rest" and have quiet time. if we fell asleep so be it but otherwise we all got quiet time.

i agree with kimkh though. if my twins are all hyper in the evening and im worried they'll be up late, we do laps in the house lol we have a circled shaped layout so we just run around the house like mad lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and she hates naptime unless she is very tired or if she is sick. Sometimes you could just try quiet time, tell your child they need to sit in their bed or on the couch and maybe look at a picture book or cuddle with a favorite toy, maybe watch Goodnight Moon. sometimes they will fall asleep anyway. Good luck.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thank you for the details. I do that with my daughter and just let her sit in her crib for downtime.:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2011