Was SO mad at DH today. (laughing about it now though)

So our son is two. He is very good about not biting lollipops so we allow him to have the sugar free dum dums as a treat for extra good behavior or if he tries a new food. Well, today, as DH was leaving for the night shift, he gave him a lollipop for helping me with laundry and being extra good for me today. I'm in my third trimester and can't run with him like I usually do and he's been very understanding. But here's the problem. I was napping when DH gave it to him. When he woke me up to tell me was leaving and he'd put a movie in for him, he didn't tell me he had given him the lollipop. DS was playing quietly in his room when all of a sudden he runs out to me screaming with a hand behind his head. ...Yup. Lollipop stuck to the back of his head. I had to cut it out. And my sin had longish hair. Kind of a bowl cut look. But now there's a big chunk out of the back. I was furious at the time but now I'm laughing about it. I'll just have to buzz the back and sides and trim some off the top tomorrow morning. lol. Just had to tell the story.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol, cute...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 11:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Funny! I must say, the title of this question really got me interested! I thought your "significant other" was mad at your "dear husband". LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• if it was just a lollypop why didn't you just give him a bath? they dissolve.. unlike gum.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yeah a little hot water would have done the trick followed by a bath to remove the sticky residue for future reference. Ice actually works wonders on gum believe it or not. My mother used it enough times on my hair as a child. Haven't had to use that trick myself yet though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh, I'm so sorry you cut it. Almost anything (including gum) can be gotten out of hair. :(
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Kids will be kids. Did you ask him what he was doing when it happened? I think that all kids will do that at some point in their childhood. Is he okay with how his hair looks? One day both of you will look back and laugh about it. LOL!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would have killed DH....not because your son got it in his hair, but because he could have choked on it without anyone knowing.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• He said he was dancing and he fell backward. He says "I got up and tried to find my lollipop 'cause I still wanted it but you can keep it now mommy. Too fuzzy." lol. And we wouldn't let them have them if he wasn't careful with them. And he knows the sign for choking and to come to me immediately if he thinks he is. Thanks for the hot water trick. I'll have to remember that if it happens again. I think we were both a little panicky this time. lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2011