How long does it take to move baby from parents bed to crib?

We started with my newborn in the bed with us. She is 2 mo. now and we are thinking about moving her to her baby bed. How long did it take anyone who did the same thing to get adjusted to the movement without the crying and being up all night?

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 11:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With both of my kids it took about 4-6 weeks to switch them into their own room/bed.
    I found that the best way to do it (for us) was to put an inflatable mattress in their room next to the crib so I could go in there and comfort them while still getting some sleep myself - rather than bringing them back into our room. Even still, they were both well over a year old before they started sleeping through the night.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I never took them in my bed, so we didn't have to deal with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh my. Well my daughter was in my room (in her playpen near the bed) until she was 6 months. When we moved her into her own room I slept like a BABY!! I didn't need any time to adjust.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• At that age it might not take too long, but I think it really depends on the baby.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my son is 2 and i'm still working on it... but come baby #2 oh no no no i've learned and it's starting at birth.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Check out drjaygordon.com for the single best method to achieve the transition. Search the site for "Changning the Sleep Pattern in the Family Bed."

No issues here with the bed. Sleeping? *I* don't sleep all night. That's an unreasonable expectation, in my opinion... unless we're talking about a corpse.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Gosh all the things that mommy and daddy struggle with, I feel so lucky, our DD just goes with the flow :) We're spoiled parents!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I waited until they were ready and it was easy! I wanted to keep mine in bed with me until they were sleeping though the night so that I wouldn't have to get up during the night.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011