Why is my 2 year old screaming in her sleep?

My mom thinks its because of her eating too much sugar before she goes to bed, her doctor doesn't really have much to say about it, but she seems so exhausted during the day. It's really starting to worry me. She does fine when she takes naps it seems to only be at night.

Asked by lilag1990 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• night terrors, my son goes through them. he is also 2

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would suggest researching 'night terrors', because it's certainly not an issue of diet or simple nightmares if it's affecting her sleep so much.

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with night terrors as well. They wake up briefly sometimes and it's dark and confusing and sets them off more.

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh no! That's so hard! Look up "night terrors" and see what you can find. Pray with her!

Answer by Adelicious at 11:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Night terrors would be my first guess- especially if she doesn't really wake up. My nephew has them, though they are less frequent now that he is getting older (he's six now.) I would do some research there and see if that seems to fit.

Answer by Freela at 11:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• She does wake up though and she'll stay up for atleast an hour and a half to two hours. I asked her doctor about night terrors when they first began which was about a year ago, the only thing she had to say was she'll grow out of it. Ok mabey she will but what about her being so tired?It seems like its starting to affect her health.

Comment by lilag1990 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• she could be having bad dreams

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Poor Baby. When she is should try to feel her belly. If its hard it could be gas...
    DS gets really gassy at night. He is only 17 months though.
    Good luck.

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• night terrors my son gets them from time to time they grow out of them.. try google on night terrors

Answer by catlady33860 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011