Synthetic Marijuana

I'm just curious about what everyone thinks of this. I've never smoked it, and it just became illegal in my state...I don't get it!

MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Asked by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 11:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, actually it's the K2 that's been getting banned. Not all synthetics are banned. K2 should be banned. Too many negative side affects, but then again, sooo does alcohol. Basically it's artificial cannaboids called JWH18 after the guy who invented them. But there are brands like friendly shaman that state clearly on the back that they are in no form K2 or JWH18 the harming factor.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have been hearig ALOT about "spice" and it was still legal in my state so my roommate and I bought some and then did the research on it...after reading about it we were too scarred to try it, so we just flushed it down the toilet. I know people who have smoked it and said it did the same thing as marijuanna and had no side affects from it but it wasn't something I wanted to risk. If anything I think that the government should legalize the real stuff and control and tax and monitor it like they do with alcohol and tabacco. It would help with the massive amount of debt that we are in and would also help clear out the jails....Just my oppinion
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• why the hell smoke something that was created in a lab when you can grow the real stuff for free? I guess because it's legal....but...shoot, if they would just legalize MJ....things would be a lot better off....

I'll pass on the synthetic cannabis.

Just interesting info.....our brain has receptors that are specifically used for the uptake of cannabinoids & nothing else.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ok so if you bought the ones that said 100% legal, then they are??? even if the state banned synthetic marijuana?
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Comment by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have known people in banned states to just order three grams out of state.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I read something on this and found out that the side effects of the synthetic stuff is actually more harmful than the real stuff. This is the real concern over these products. The reason they are being banned is because in some states there are no age limits on getting the synthetic stuff. They say that anyone can go in and buy it, and they want to prevent younger kids from buying it. To me that is understandable.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Really? I don't
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• thee have been some deaths as a result of the synthetic stuff here in Minnesota. A guy who bought it and distributed it to several friends caused the death of 3 of them and is being charged with murder. How does THAT sound? Its deadly.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• mnnesota nice, you better have a link. I live in MN and I call bullshit. I even search the net for it. All I found was 5 articles saying threre ARE NO REPORTED DEATHS from it.

I've researched this extensivly. I wanted to know about this if my kid could be around it. The brands that carry JWH18 are the ones that are dangerous. There are several that do not and are labled on the back. The reason people are nervous is because they don't know everything about it. Hmmmmm sounds an awful lot like FDA drugs that were approved then yanked off the market for deaths, seizures and so much more. Are we forgetting?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/03/22/1594754/synthetic-drug-causes-death-in.html

Synthetic drug....in this LINK.
    Are you saying that fake pot is safe? It isn't.
    But...hey, smoke 'em if you got 'em. I guess if you are desperate.....
    Personally, I enjoy REALITY and don't want to smoke anything or get drunk. But then,I have been telling you guys that I am a prde. :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2011