Do you believe this statement.....

Respect is not given, it is earned

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 11:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• NO
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I believe everyone deserves respect until they disrespect you. I also believe in the golden rule: Treat others the way you would want to be treated.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes. I don't respect people who can not respect me or themselves. I give EVERYONE a chance or two, I treat new friends, strangers, family how I would want to be treated, but if you treat me with little or no respect, I will not contine to treat you with respect.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think that there is a minimum amout of respect given, but it can go up or down depending on the person's behaviour. So it's kind of both - it's given, but also needs to be earned to be maintained. If that makes sense.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• JmCV, so to a perfect stranger or to someone who has NOT disrespected you in any way, do you respect them or make them earn it?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• to a perfect stranger, or someone who has never personally disrespected me I give them total respect. Canadianmom said how i feel to a T, much better than I did.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Haha, ok just wondering. I believe I know who the OP took that "quote" from and respect seems to only be given to people who believe the same as she does.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I know many people that are respected and I ask why! And I know many people are out there should get some respect and Instead they get the you know what! Therefore I feel it is given.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No. I give everyone respect unless they give me a reason to not give them respect.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I dont know I respect everyone till the give me a reason not too
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2011