Anyone have a baby and toddler share a room?

My daughter will be 2 when the baby is born. i figure the baby will be in our room for the first few months. i'd like to hear advice from someone who had to work with similar arrangements. How'd it go? Are we crazy for considering this? Our only other option is an expensive construction project in turing our den into a bedroom... not really an option. We only plan on being in this house for a few more years.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that its fine! My 4 year old has shared a room with my 2 year old since she was born, except when we first brought her home
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 11:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• We had that arrangement twice. Baby went in with the other sibling around 4 to 6 months. It was fine, but we had to make sure we had a monitor. Didn't want the older one bugging baby to get me to get up again.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• When my 2nd was born, my oldest was 13 months. Baby stayed in my room for a period of time, (when he could sleep longer lengths at night) and then was moved into the same room as my toddler. It was a little hard at first but they adjusted well over time.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011