Time for me?

I have a 4yr old, a newborn, my husband and my mother living with me. I stay at home with the kids. My problem is when the kids go to sleep my husband wants me to go to bed with him and spend some time together. I just want to spend some time alone for an hour first. He works in the morning and so he goes to bed early. Help

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 12:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with the previous answers. You definitely need time for yourself. I'm a grandma, my kids are grown, my mother and 23 yr. old daughter live with us, my husband and I are both unemployed. I get my alone time early in the morning on the computer having my coffee. I also go to bed earlier than anybody else. But no matter what your age, women especially need alone time. Take it whenever you can with no apologies and no regrets.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• well on those kind of night i "go" to bed with him and then afterwards i go back in the livingroom and play on here or watch tv
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I also use nap time for "me" time, instead of cleaning, etc.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• yes! "go" to bed with him and then you can have your time alone. I also choose to forgo my cleaning time and take a nap with the kids. I have a 5, 3, and 1 yr old so i know exactly where you are!!!! Its a phase and just keeping hubby happy makes life sweeter!
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 2:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• spend quality tym with you hubby thts the only time you have alone together then you can fit in the ME TIME during the day when your children take a nap
    linah12345

Answer by linah12345 at 3:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• explain to him that you need an hour to yourself before going to bed with him. thats what i had to tell my hubby.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Tell him its healthy and you need that "mental time" to unwind and not have to worry about anyone but you, its not selfish...we all need a break!!!
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 10:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2011