Toddler with glasses

I am having some trouble getting my 2 year old daughter to keep her glasses on. She throws them and occasionally hides them. I need some advice on how I can make this situation better because she needs to wear her glasses. Yesterday of all days she scratched up her lenses beyond repair and she has only had them for 3 weeks. At this rate it is going to cost me a mint just to keep her in glasses.

tinaaly

Asked by tinaaly at 9:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't they have little straps that you can buy? my kids never had to wear glasses that young i would maybe call the eye doc and see if they any suggestions. poor thing. you know how little ones hate to wear hats and such its probably just as irritating for her. good luck sorry i couldn't be more help
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My daughter is the same way. She has good days and bad days. She tends to rip them off when she gets mad because she knows it will get a reaction out of me. I try so hard not to react, but it's hard when she throws them in the middle of a store. She has the cable temples, but I will not use the strap. I just try to set a good example for her and tell her over and over that Mommy keeps her glasses on so she can see better and she needs to do the same. The ones she has are almost a year old, so I'm hoping the next pair will feel better so she'll want to keep them on.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2008