How to help with potty training??

hrsrce07

Asked by hrsrce07 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Girl or boy babes?  My girl got Tinkerbell underwear and a pink toilet in her sight and there was no stopping her, lol.  My boy took a little more work and wasn't fully potty trained until he was 4.  I have no idea why but he was seriously scared of going number 2 on the potty.  Maybe cute underwear?  A nice quiet place to "go"?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• First of all, make sure they are ready by showing interest and wanting to stay dry all the time. I made the mistake by rushing my 1st child and she regressed. Using special toys or books just for potty time, encouraged my kids. I hope this helped and good luck!
    Liz0286

Answer by Liz0286 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• First of all, make sure they are ready by showing interest and wanting to stay dry all the time. Using special toys or books just for potty time, encouraged my kids. Be consistent and remind them every half hour if needed be prepared for accidents at first but don't waste your money on pull-ups(they are too much like diapers) get some "special" undies and let them know that they have to keep them dry or you will have to bleach them and then they will no longer be their "special" undies Good Luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:27 PM on May. 21, 2011