I have a question....its not just for fun, but I just wanted to know

On Sunday one of my daughters good friends got murdered....he just enlisted in the Army and was set to leave to basic training in June...do you think he is eligible for a military burial or was he just a civilian?

krazi_beautyful

Asked by krazi_beautyful at 12:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh my goodness, how awful. :( I don't have a clue what the army would say, but I think if the family wanted a military burial, that would be appropriate. Oh dear, how very sad...
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thank you. He was only 18 years old, just begining his life, he wanted to go to med school...he had his head on straight...I feel so bad for the family...
    krazi_beautyful

Comment by krazi_beautyful (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• That's so sad! Wow! How's your daughter holding up?
    Sadly, I don't think he's eligible for a military burial, although his family can contact his recruiter or MEPS to find out for sure.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I believe he qualifies after he e signs the contract. You swear in (take an oath) andthen sign your life away. One you sign the contract you become government property (literally). Then I believe he becomes eligible for military burial. I could be wrong contact his recruiter he should be able to confirm.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 12:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My daughter has been crying, I dont know how to comfort her...She has been crying since then...the most horrible thing is we seen him @ 1:30 pm and at 9:30 that night he was laying dead with 6 bullets in him...its so hard for her to come to grips with it...he used call her "his sister from another mister" lol...
    krazi_beautyful

Comment by krazi_beautyful (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• @ prissy im so glad iif this is the case! It would be such an honor to have him buried like the Hero he intended to be!
    krazi_beautyful

Comment by krazi_beautyful (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Maybe. Since he was enlisted. I hope they get whoever killed him.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do too @ 1smartcookie...i hope justice is served
    krazi_beautyful

Comment by krazi_beautyful (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011