am i the only stupid one?

okay so after years of cooking thanksgiving dinner i just found out yesterday that if you boil your sweet potatoes with the skin on when they are done and you let them cool the skin slides right off. all these years i would peel them first. am i the only one that didn't know this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• OMG! I made homemade sweet potatoes for my daughters babyfood, and those suckers were a pain in my ass! Good to know for the next kid though.
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 1:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Don't know if you ever home-can fruit or make homemade preserves for Christmas presents or things like that, but if you pour boiling water over "stone" fruits, (peaches, apricots, etc) then the skin will slip right off them, too.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• lol no i didnt know that as well , They are so hard to peel as well thanks for that tip lol.....
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Don't worry I didn't know that either.

Answer by louise2 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I didn't know that either, but I've never made sweet potatoes.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:31 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I knew there had to be a trick to that! Read it too late for this year but I'll be using that next year!
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I didn't know it either! That will make it easier. I do know that if I nuke butternut squash first that the peel comes off more easily.

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• hahahaha...thanks for the tip! THAT will save me a good 45 minutes! Nope aparently your not the only stupid one!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I just microwave my sweet potatoes, cut them open and scrap out the inside. Super easy!
    katyuwf

Answer by katyuwf at 11:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I didn't know that.... peeling them is a pain! I usually get canned yams.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2008