How do you get rid of extra weight after multiple C-Sections?

Ive already had 2 c-sections since im expecting again, I'll end up having another. My stomach is really flabby and I hate it I cant help but think about how much worse its going to be after my 3rd kid. Ive tried exercising like crazy and diets. Any suggestions?

lilag1990

Asked by lilag1990 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've had 6 kids, two of which were c-sec deliveries, and really the most effective thing is to cut down what you eat so that you lose weight. All the exercise in the world won't help until you shed some pounds by just going hungry. :/ Sad but true. Good luck! It is do-able! I had Gestational Diabetes and gained a lot of weight with my babies, but now I'm 110 lbs. It can be done, but you have to chose being hungry over being fat.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Starving yourself is not gonna help its scientifically proven that if you starve yourself and lose weight that it will be harder to keep it off because you did it the wrong way. Eat healthy portions and excersize even just a little walk around is good everything you do during the day burns calories its all about intake stop soda and sweets first off that will help you really quick. Dont listen to people when they say starve on offense but ask your dr if you think I am wrong.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You don't have to starve yourself. I do Jenny Craig, and when I did it 10 years ago, I lost 75 lbs without even going to the gym once. Doing it now, lost 13 lbs just walking at the grocery store and breastfeeding. Also I use this biofeedback armband by Biomedia that really really helps by giving me detailed info on my metabolism.
    Anyhow, not to be a commercial, but probably the most beneficial thing I've learned is volumetrics, eating lots of foods that are filling but not high in calories. I eat smaller portions of whatever everyone in my family is having, and then add a steamer bag of veggies with a few tabs of margarine and seasoning. Eeating more is the key to losing weight.
    jennysama

Answer by jennysama at 1:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Please do not listen to the first poster. Starving yourself and going hungry is NOT the answer. I have had 2 c-sections and then a surgery through the same scar for endometriosis. The best thing you can do is eat healthy and exercise. I have had a hard time losing, so I am doing weight watchers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i've had 3 and there is just some flabby skin i can't get rid of... but im working on walking, eating healthy and making good food choices...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I hope the first poster meant that you cut down on your portions, yes, by doing that you can go hungry and not starve.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011