Is it ok to give rice cereal with water?? I am running out of frozen breastmilk and my son does not take formula.

SuzannaJ

Asked by SuzannaJ at 9:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yup, it's fine. Just try to get more milk to mix with it, I think it's better for them that way but mixing with water won't hurt
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I always used water...she liked it better! How old is your baby? I used to mix it with a little yogurt juice and water every once in a while and she loved that! If your baby isn't ready for fruit or veggies then he shouldn't have yogurt...but I called and asked the nurse if she could have yogurt (because it was a milk based product) and they said as long as it "baby yogurt".
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It works just as well mixed with water. Depending on your child's age you could use a little juice or add water and a little baby fruit. Also you really could just the formula just for mixing with cereal, think of it as more of a nutritional supplement than a staple. My DD had to go to half and half breast milk and formula at 9 months when my frozen supply got low.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2008