is it possible to never get a positive and still be pregnant?

i know im pregnant! i just feel it and im having so many symptoms. im on my third day of missing my period and im usually like right on the dot every month. i took a test this morning and it was still negative. ive been having cramps for 3 weeks now. this week they have been on and off and everyday im like ugh i know my period is coming it just feels like it...well no period! and i usually only have cramps the day i start or the night before. i know i need to get a blood test so before you jump to say that...has this happened to anyone??

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if your only 3days late your hormone levels might not be high enough to be registering on a at home test. If you truly think you are pregnant go ahead and call your dr howeer its a friday so chanes are you wont get in till monday and by then you might get a positive. I didnt get a positive til i was about 4wks pregnant on a home test. you have to assume your only about 2wks maybe 3wks pregnant. if by monday no positive and no period call your dr.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• sometimes stress can make your body think it prego so you have symptoms..so if you are worried about getting prego your body will delay your period cause of stress i think its called pysdo- pregnancy. or could be you are prego i knew immediatly that i was even b4 the test with all 3 of mine. i would wait a few more days b4 taking a test just in case you a re just late...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yes it is possible. Get a blood test. When I was pregnant with DD2 I missed my period in December and took 5-6 tests that all came out negative. Finally went in for something unrelated and they threw a blood test in with the rest of my labs. Well low and behold I was pregnant. Once I had an ultrasound it was determined that I conceived in Oct and what I had considered my period was actually implantation spotting.

Get a blood test. It is the most accurate way to find out. Then if it is still negative your doctor will be able to focus on anything else that could cause you to not have your period.

You can get false negatives with HPTs if your hormone levels are not high enough to register.
    MarineGurl02

Answer by MarineGurl02 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2008