According to Conservapedia..

Most atheists are overweight and almost no Christians are, and that the amount of fat we have affects our intelligence?

The only way to destroy a witch is by burning them, yet by outlawing the burning of witches freedom of religion is restricted?

The Bible contains scientific material far ahead of its time?

The book of Ezekiel contains descriptions of spaceships and rockets, as they would have been described by someone thousands of years ago."

Abortions are a leading cause of breast cancer?

They consider themselves a "Trustworthy Encyclopedia."

*The links take you directly to Conservapedia's coverage of that topic.

clarity333

Asked by clarity333 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Religious Debate

• LOL my husband says that if Atheists are obese then the United States has more atheists than any other country.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Conservapedia, huh? I always wondered what Fox "News" was using as a source. Now it all makes sense!
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• LMAO that was so inaccurate, it was funny!

I'm a healthy, happy atheist who isn't overweight.  What the hell am I supposed to do know?   LOL.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Since the liberal enlightenment and the rise of atheistic junk science the Biblical truth has been rejected and in many countries freedom of religion has been restricted by outlawing witch-hunting. However, the practice is still allowed in Saudi Arabia and Cameroon, and witch-hunts regularly occur in Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Papua New Guinea.

These are from the site.

Sick bunch of JERKS.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• There's none to prove their all Conservatives are Christians, but that never stops a good assumed stereotype when it suits someone.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Please tell me that website is not promoting the murder of witches. That makes me just sick.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This has to be some of the most entertaining, laugh-worthy and simultaneously frightening propaganda I've run across in a long while... It terrifies me that I know (many) people who actually believe this as truth. Worse, they base life decisions off of it. Most of that can be heard at any tent revival across the nation (and in ANY pentecostal, or fundamentalist based church).

By the way... I'd just like to get the opinions of the cristian population here... What exactly qualifies as 'obese'? Is there a different scale you use to weigh Atheists?

Do you feel oppressed because it is illegal to burn witches? I hear they make the best BBQ!

So... Is breast cancer ONLY linked to Atheists who've had abortions? What about men who are diagnosed with cancerous breast tissues? Are they all Atheists too?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• um when did I assume that all do? Again you are picking at nothing. State your opinion and be done with it. As far as the abortion thing, I have not heard of that but it could make sense I suppose but wouldn't that hold true for having babies considering the idea is the same? You are tech. forcing labor. I might be wrong but that is what I understand and I will have to research that further.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Notice the first sentence of my second posting..."Since the liberal enlightenment and rise of atheistic "junk science" the Biblical truth has been rejected and in many countries freedom of religion has been restricted by outlawing WITCH-HUNTING.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• 135 lbs is overweight? Dang I need to hit the treadmill....Aside from that, it's a biased site. of COURSE the material in it is going to be skewed and over-exaggerated if not completely made up. So it really doesn't differ from any other site like, let's say, THE Onion.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011